Federal Evaluators 2012 Conference
Federal Evaluators held their first conference on November 1, 2012, in Washington, DC, at the US Department of Agriculture headquarters. Guest speaker Professor Gary Henry discussed non-experimental impact designs and evaluators from a wide array of federal agencies made formal presentations on topics such as evaluating grant portfolios, cross-agency collaboration, and building evaluation capacity. The conference agenda, below, provides links to presenters’ materials, where available.
- 2012 Conference Agenda and Slides (PDF 10 pages, 207K)
Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART)
The Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART) was developed by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to assess the performance of federal programs as part of the budget formulation process from 2003 to 2008. The PART guidance emphasized the need for agencies to conduct program evaluations that evaluate the effectiveness and impact of federal programs.
To explore issues in how to address program evaluation in the PART. In April 2005 and July 2006, representatives from several federal agencies participated in presentations about program evaluation at OMB’s offices. Presentation materials are below:
- Federal Evaluators 2006 OMB Briefing Slides (PDF 31 pages, 447K)
- National Highway Safety Administration Program Evaluations Presentation (PDF 20 pages, 281K)
- Evaluation Dialogue, Session I – Main Briefing (PDF 31 pages, 231K)
- Evaluation Dialogue, Session II – Examples (PDF 42 pages, 453K)