U.S. Inspectors General, IGnet-–Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), see especially the Inspection and Evaluation Committee. IG web site lists publications, membership, employment opportunities, and quality standards for inspection and evaluation. Web site: http://www.ignet.gov/
Chair: Allison C. Lerner, Inspector General, National Science Foundation
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) updated its evaluation policy in October 2016. http://www.usaid.gov/evaluation/policy
- Development Experience Clearinghouse provides agency evaluation reports. http://dec.usaid.gov/
- USAID Evaluation Toolkit provides guidance, tool and resources for planning, managing and learning from evaluations of foreign assistance activities, http://usaidlearninglab.org/evaluation
U.S. Corporation for National and Community Service Evidence Exchange provides its evaluation policy and online repository of research, independent evaluations of its projects and resources at http://www.nationalservice.gov/impact-our-nation/evidence-exchange.
U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Policy Support, http://www.fns.usda.gov/research-and-analysis, provides agency research and evaluation reports, description of demonstration and grant projects, and other resources.
- Economic Research Service, provides economic information and research to inform public and private decision making on economic and policy issues involving food, farming, natural resources, and rural development. http://www.ers.usda.gov.
U.S. Department of Education:
- Policy and Program Studies Service (PPSS) provides links to its educational policy analyses and program evaluations. http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/opepd/ppss/index.html
- Institute of Education Sciences (IES) provides information on research and evaluation studies and reports and funding opportunities http://ies.ed.gov/ncee and also sponsors the What Works Clearinghouse to provide educators, policymakers, researchers, and the public with a central source of scientific evidence on what works in education. http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/
U.S. Department of Energy:
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy provides information on program evaluations to assess near-term progress and ultimate market and economic impacts, and includes program evaluation resources for research and development programs and technology deployment activities. https://energy.gov/eere/analysis/program-evaluation
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS):
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE), provides links to its evaluation policy (2012), the ACF Research and Evaluation Agenda, and publications, ongoing projects, grant funding opportunities, newsletters, and research and evaluation clearinghouses. https://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre
- Children’s Bureau, provides its 2014 framework to design, test, spread, and sustain effective practice in child welfare. http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/framework-workgroup
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Program Performance and Evaluation Office, provides links to CDC’s evaluation guidelines and numerous public health evaluation resources including CDC’s “Framework for Program Evaluation in Public Health” which summarizes and organizes the basic elements of program evaluation—see http://www.cdc.gov/eval/index.htm.
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) Access to HHS Strategic Plan, Evidence Act (Evaluation Policy, Evaluation Plan). http://aspe.hhs.gov/evaluations
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Policy Development and Research, maintains a database of housing and community development research, evaluation, and statistics publications and databases. http://www.huduser.gov
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ):
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP) the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) maintains an extensive searchable database of criminal justice–related publications, reports, abstracts, and audiovisual products from the U.S. and around the world since the 1970s. http://www.ncjrs.gov.
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ) has links to webinars and its completed and ongoing research and evaluations. http://www.nij.gov.
U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Chief Evaluation Office provides links to research and evaluation reports and databases throughout the department and the Department’s 2013 evaluation policy statement. http://www.dol.gov/asp/evaluation/
U.S. Department of State
Strategic and Performance Plans, Evidence Act reports (Department Evaluation Plan). http://www.state.gov/plans-performance-budget
- Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs, Office of Policy and Evaluation, Evaluation Division, has links to its completed and ongoing outcome evaluations.http://eca.state.gov/impact/evaluation-eca
- Office of U.S. Foreign Assistance Resources provides links to summaries of its completed evaluations. http://www.state.gov/f/evaluations/index.htm
U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA research tab provides links to reports and data on state and national highway safety programs. http://www.nhtsa.gov/
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Strategic Environmental Management, Evaluation Support Division, provides links to environmental program evaluation information and tools within EPA as well as information resources outside the agency. http://www.epa.gov/evaluate/
U.S. Government Accountability Office maintains a searchable database of its reports and testimonies published since the 1970s, as well as special collections of publications on topics of current interest http://www.gao.gov. See GAO Publications page on this website for evaluation-specific publications.
U.S. Millennium Challenge Corporation provides policy guidance on their monitoring and evaluation approach for all foreign aid projects, performance metrics, country evaluation plans and completed impact evaluations.https://www.mcc.gov/our-impact
Youth.gov is a multi-agency site that provides access to youth facts, funding information, and tools to help community members and policymakers assess community assets, generate maps of local and federal resources, search for evidence-based youth programs, and keep up-to-date on the latest, youth-related news. http://youth.gov/